Tuesday, July 20, 2010

THE LIES WE TELL TO SAVE FACE!

Thank you Elle magazine for putting so eloquently and succinctly what I have no doubt many of us have been thinking all along. In this month’s issue the article…..’I’ll never get botox and other lies we tell’!

I quote from the article by Emily Pettit – Coetzee . In the article she states that research shows that the use of botox and fillers is one of the top five things women lie about. She goes on to talk about the many celebrities well over forty who decry the use of botox while looking so radiant and unlined that you have to wonder who they think they are fooling. She goes on to cite Nicole Kidman who was recently quoted as saying, ‘I am completely natural…there is nothing in my face’,I’m still laughing!

Emily goes on to say,’Our society has a deep rooted belief that natural is better. And if your genes deliver up blonde hair, plump lips and perky boobs, then you’re considered slightly superior.’

It’s an excellent article and well worth a read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment